Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shaving Dream


I love the EOS Shave Cream. Yup, love it enough that I bought 2 more bottles this past weekend- one for me, one for the boyfriend.

Me first! I hate shaving cream and I've tried A LOT of different ones. I've used the Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel (voted best by Allure magazine) and it didn't do much for me other than leave rust rings in my tub. I've borrowed my boyfriend's Edge shaving gel. Same story. Skintimate even came out with a moisturizing shave cream. Right. It made my legs itch so terribly that I jumped right back in the shower to vigorously wash it off with soap. I always went back to a trick I discovered in college- shaving with hair conditioner. The only caveat was that I couldn't get a very close shave because hair conditioner is just too thick. But my legs always felt silky smooth!
Then I was sent EOS Shave Cream. It does everything that hair conditioner does and then some. My shave is much, MUCH closer, but my skin is still moisturized and protected. No itching, no dry, tight feeling. No rust rings in the tub. No shaking a metal bottle that's going to fly out of my wet hand. Any other shaving product? NO THANK YOU!

My boyfriend decided on his own (no bribing here!) that he would test it out for me. The exact text was "This shaving cream is amazing!" Um, what shaving cream honey? MY POMEGRANATE RASPBERRY SHAVE CREAM? Why yes, yes it was.

I could even notice the difference. Shaving usually does a number on his face, so much so, that it becomes a 'no touching zone' because it's so painful and irritated. But with EOS, the redness and knicks were greatly reduced.

I asked him for some feedback for this post....

Me: Babe, can you tell me what you liked about the EOS shave cream?

Jason: It gave me a smooth shave which irritated my skin less. But it also felt comfortable and it made my skin feel good. I actually like the smell, but don't tell anybody. [Sorry.]

Jason: :::Turns the volume for the TV back on:::

Me: I'm not done, is that all?

Jason: Yeah. [This was groaned.]

EOS should totally make a masculine scented cream in a black bottle. We're sold!

Other things that will make you feel like EOS cares:
  • Soft touch plastic and an ergonomic design make for an easy grip with wet hands.
  • The bottle is recyclable and the pump is propellant free.
  • No metal means no rust rings.
  • Most of the scents are paraben-free.

And P.S.- EOS stands for Evolution of Smooth. Such a statement of fact!






9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a review! I've always seen EOS at the drugstore but I would always pass it up because of the price tag and my skepticism. Next time, I ain't passing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @macosophy Let me know how you like it when you try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally loving this shaving cream, always use the veet one but when I tried this I starting to like it a lot..^_^ Glad to know I'm not the only one who love this shaving cream..^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower here! :) I love your blog! You are absolutely gorgeous!

    I had no idea EOS made anything other than lip balms. I will definitely be checking this out! I have been happily using Gilette for years, but this sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NUR!! this post was totally funny so I give you and your BF total props in being "secure in his manlyness"! lol BUT what the heck girl, I discover you on youtube and find your blog but no posts since May!! *ohh nooo's!* I still added you to my "Beauty" favorites in hopes that you will do some more blogging. But the regular videos are great, so maybe you just inted to "vlog" instead of blog which is cool, especially since you seem really busy.
    Thanks for all the advice!!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried the EOS lip balm, I might have to check out this shaving gel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very disappointed with this shaving cream after seeing you rave about it on YouTube. It left my skin feeling very itchy. Apart from it smelling delicious it felt no different from every other crappy shaving cream out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anonymous That's unfortunate! Your skin will react how it will react. It's kind of the unwritten rule with beauty reviews- not everything is going to work for everyone! My boyfriend and I still use it religiously, so I stand by it 100%. Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! I just discovered you today and I love what you are doing and your methodology? ... yea neways... Im Persian and can definitely relate to a majority of your techniques, colors, skin problems, all that good stuff. On to this shaving cream... I'm going to try this out tomorrow! Thank you for actually starting your little empire!

    ReplyDelete