Sunday, December 12, 2010

If the shoe fits....

....it doesn't matter if it's not the right shade of gold. I went c-r-a-z-y looking for the perfect shade of gold shoes to match the dress I wore last weekend to a holiday party. Not true gold or soft gold or sparkly gold. More like burnished gold or old gold. I even considered desperate measures to make things match: paint the zipper detailing silver with nail polish? Spray paint a pair of strappy sandals gold? No and no. But almost.

Lucky for me, my boyfriend wandered into the shoe sale racks at Macy's and found me the perfect pair of Chinese Laundry gold shoes! That grants him immunity from my wrath for about.........oh who cares......it's already expired. Tada:




This is the one head to toe body shot we captured. We're plagued with red eye, Jess is on my foot and a camera man is doing Idunnowhat in the back? Fail shot.

A better look at the dress. That's 'Hey Everyone' Katie!



If I don't have to shoe shop for the rest of my life, I 'll be the happiest woman on earth. Maybe I'll just wear a simple black dress next year...





12 comments:

  1. Wow you look absolutely amazing! How tall are you, if you don't mind my asking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress and the shoes look amazing with it! I have those shoes in a bronzy brown color. I love Chinese Laundry!
    Where did you find your dress?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Joti- Thank you!!

    @Anon- Somewhere between 5'4'' and 5'5''- so right at average height =)

    @JennXOXO- Thanks! I found the dress at Macy's: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=503865&CategoryID=5449

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful, absolutely stunning! I love your videos and blog, they have been really helpful and I've learned so much from you! I wanted to ask if you could tell me what makeup you're wearing here? Its very pretty. I'm also wearing a navy dress I bought from Asos for a holiday party coming up and I have no idea what makeup look to do. :) Thanks!!! xoxox

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your shoes and dress. I do hope you had a fab night. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ! I saw those same shoes when I was flipping through the magazine Lucky I believe lol. I though to myself "I saw this somewhere" and realized it was from your post :-) I think Lucky featured it, with Hayden on the front cover

    ReplyDelete
  7. that dress is so pretty! i love the color on your skin tone!

    love your blog! following you on your blog and youtube now :)

    ashleyborysewich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely gorgeous, Nur!
    I seriously miss your blogposts *sad face*.
    Much love
    Yvee

    ReplyDelete