Monday, June 27, 2011

Things I ♥

Finding a good pen to me is like finding a perfect new shade of lipstick. I shared my writing utensil obsession with you and many of you confessed you have the same obsession. So here you go....1, 2, 3, drool.
Bic 537R, 0.7, Blue


I picked up these pens at Staples (a pack of 4 on sale for $5.00). I love my gel pens, but even my ballpoint friends like this gel pen. Yes, I identify my friends by their pen preference. While most people enjoy discussing politics or sports or current events, I'd rather figure out why on earth you prefer ballpoint to gel. Is there a ballpoint pen I HAVEN'T tried and I'm missing something here? No? OK, we need to re-evaluate this friendship.
I've also been loving Jason Derrulo's song "Don't Wanna Go Home". Took a decent 90's song and turned into something fun. Albeit, the song would be more fitting for me if it was titled "Don't Wanna Leave My Home." Homebody to the extreme here. You can listen to it at Grooveshark: http://grooveshark.com/

I have been crazy about Carousel Lollipops lately. They used to sell these at school for fundraisers and I re-discovered them after leaving hell island (the deserted island I went camping on because I'm stupid). I've only been able to find them at K-Mart, CVS and Staples, but I buy up the entire stock and eat way too many everyday. Looks of curiosity/sympathy/disgust from other customers and sales associates always ensue. Meh. I love Cotton Candy and Banana Split.

14 comments:

  1. omg i'm not the only one who has an obsession with fany pens as well lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gel pens <3
    You are so funny, i love reading your blog and your videos have taught me so much!!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pens & lollipops...is there a better obsession? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those BICs, but with the way I grip a pen, I cause it to leak. Don't even bother with the 537RT - it writes nice, but every one I've had, the barrel has cracked at the top quite quickly. So, I will see your 537R and raise you a Pentel Slicci.

    But this is only because I'm waiting to get nibs custom ground for my fountain pen. Yeah, I'm one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am of the same mindset as you on pens!! I hate it when I find pens that fit me and is perfect for me, then people borrow them and take them and LOSE THEM! I will take a look at these Bic gel pens...looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with pens as well. It's sick, I have gallon sized zip lock bags full of them. Share more pens!!!! i have been obsessed with Pilot Easytouch Med. lately.

    I LOVE those lollipops as well, they sell them at walmart super cheap. Try Strawberry Shortcake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a weird obsession with pens also. Whenever its time to buy school supplies for another year of college its like my favorite thing to do and although I have way to many pens I always find another "the one for that year pen" haha

    xoxo,
    Heather

    http://heatheramarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a new favorite pen too! I am left handed and I always struggle to find a pen that is very bold, streams without gaps, and doesn't smear (my hand drags over my writing since I'm a lefty). I finally found one and it is AMAZING - it's the new Uni-ball Jet Stream 101, 1.0. I have only seen it in black so far, but I'm hoping it comes out in blue too. I highly recommend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll tell you why I prefer ballpoint-I'm a lefty and gel ink smears! Will you still be my friend?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O.M.G. I JUST realized that you posted this blog and MUST go to Staples after work! Listen, when you discover gems like those ,you must notify me IMMEDIATELY! LOL! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. okay, I had to comment on this post, too. I distinctly remember confessing to you on Twitter that I'm a ballpoint gal through and through. gel? I can't even...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so exciting! I happen to also be a pen fanatic. I like gel. The only ballpoint I can even stand is the square one from the W hotel. I have spent a long time (read:I have way too much time on my hands) pondering what is so bad about a ballpoint and here it is: fuzz. I hate that fuzz that forms on the tip. Something about it creeps me out! A nice smooth gel with a clear line. Sigh...now that's heaven. My favorite is the Gel Tec C in .25, .3 or .4. I order them in mass.

    ReplyDelete
  13. am I the only one who read "this pen is awesome" in just 3 words? sorry ._.

    but I totally get your pen obsession! I always look for new pens and stuff and am so pround when I finally use one up, simply because it is so rare because of the huge numer of pens I have.
    I don't get why you prefer gel - it usually smears... at least the ones I have tried. Might have to give that bic pen a try :)

    ReplyDelete